Tuesday 6 November 2012

Trouser Toile

 
 
In one of our briefs we have to design and make a pair of innovative trousers/shorts to wear to London fashion week(if your going)
 
Unfortunately I'm not going with the college so I wont be wearing them to London but I can stare at them!
 
Here is my shorts design :
 
 
My design is basically a pair of lace shorts(with lining) underneath a circle skirt which are both attached to a waist band.
 
 Here are my patterns:

 (waist band)
 

(shorts)
 
(Circle skirt)
 
Here's how the skirt looked after I cut it out, I made sure I folded the fabric twice to leave a full circle of fabric
 

 
I then made the shorts as I usually would and then attached a centred zip at the centre front

Seeing as the waist on the skirt was to big I decied to gather it to see what the outcome would be like
 
 I then attached the shorts and the skirt to the waist band.



 
here are the finnished shorts on Jess, we decided not to gather the skirt in the final fabric and make the waist smaller.


(this is how we entertain ourselves!)


(we dont normally dress like cats!)
 



 Thanks for reading!! What do you think of my toile!?
 
Jenny xxx
 
 
 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...