Tuesday 1 May 2012

Choosing My final designs

To pick my final design that I am going to make for this brief I had to pick my favourite design from my first batch and then work on this design using my research to help improve and sophisticate my designs. 

Here is the design I chose to work on :

I liked how the fabric was drapes however I felt this was too simple and I wasn't happy with the bodice.

Using my research I changed my design by changing the skirt section to make the skirt longer and have a slightly different drape, With the bodice I made it one shouldered as we were told not to use strapless dresses, in my opinion this made the dress look a bit more feminine. I also added some panels to give the illusion of curves and I added the strings draping from the shoulder which came from the kanzashi images. The small dots on this would either be small rhinestones or pearls sewn on.


For the next design I wanted to see if a different neck line would work, however I didn't like this as much so I went back to the one shoulder in the next design. I also added pleats in the centre panel which I took inspiration from Mariano Fortuny's Delphos dress, this  time I moved the rhinestones to the bodice. 


Here I went back to the one  shoulder and I decided to see what would happen if I changed the panels, here I used a petal shape as inspiration for the panel shape. 


I wasn't too keen on the last design so I decided to change the the shape of the panels and I added a cutout flower pattern to the side panels and I added a gradient of rhinestones to the bodice and skirt.


After this design something looked missing and me lecturer Jo told me to try and add a shoulder piece and bring back the pleats and to try having it drape the opposite way to the skirt. This is now my final Design which I am going to start making soon.

Thanks for reading! What do you think of my final design?

Jenny xxx


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...